Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mock Beef Pho



I've been really trying to clean out the pantry lately.... grabbing a couple 'like' items and then seeing what I can make by purchasing one or two additional ingredients.  I have had 2 packets of Au Jus (originally intended for French Onion Soup) calling my name for about a month now.  My onions come and go and never get made into soup.  I saw a picture of Pho the other day and thought to myself,  'I can make something like that!' 

Here's what I had:

2 packets of Au Jus
1/2 bag of thin Rice Noodles
1 bag Julienned Carrots (I used 1/2)
5 slices leftover deli Roast Beef (I sliced & diced)
2 deseeded and diced Jalapenos
1 bunch Green Onions (sliced- for garnish)
1 can Bean Sprouts (I wanted fresh but couldn't find)
1 bunch of Cilantro (chopped coarsely for garnish)

Make Au Jus in Med-Large Pot and bring to a boil.
Add Rice Noodles, Carrots, Roast Beef & Jalapenos.
Turn Burner off and let noodles become soft.
Add (well rinsed) Bean Sprouts.


Serve garnished with green onions, cilantro and a splash of soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment